POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) : Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with the sum() and prod(). (Bug in v3.5 ?)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 12 Jan 2003 14:05:04
Message: <web.3e21bc03b49a0ea9b417814a0@news.povray.org>
Jaap Frank wrote:
>I'm thinking about animations, but my computer
>isn't so fast and it would take days rendering. So
>the faster the better. If you see more
>optimalisations then please let me know.
>Thanks again!

There seems to be some cut-n-paste errors
in your Sigma_n_l() function. CS_5 and
CS_6 are repeated several times in place
of CS_7 -> CS_10.

And yes, I think that further optimi-
zations can be done. But I'll wait until
I can verify that the render speed
really increases before I post the
suggestions.

>BTW, isn't it a pity that sum() and prod() aren't
>working. I think I could extend the functions for
>all possible values of the quantum numbers then.
>I would like to see a wave with n = 25!

Yes, it's a pity, I think that they
could be really useful in several cases.

For me I think it would simplify some
macros for parametric surfaces and maybe
speed up some isosurface renderings.

Tor Olav